How to care for your new spray painting repair
Here are some recommendations on how to keep your vehicle looking like new after it has been repaired.
We recommend that you follow these simple precautions in the first few months of new paint finish’s life:
In the first 30 days
- Do not use a commercial car wash. Stiff brushes or sponges could mar the finish and damage the surface. Wash the vehicle by hand with cool water and a very mild car wash solution. Be sure to use a soft cloth or sponge.
- Wash the vehicle in the shade - never in the sun.
- Do not “dry wipe” the vehicle - always use clean water. Dry wiping could scratch the finish.
- Extreme heat and cold are to be avoided. Keep the vehicle parked in the shade whenever possible.
- Do not drive on gravel roads. Chipping the finish is easily done in the first 30 days.
- Do not park under trees, which drop sap, or near factories with heavy smoke fallout. Sap and industrial fallout mark or spot a freshly painted surface.
- Trees are also likely to attract birds. Bird droppings have a high acid content and will damage a freshly painted surface. Bird droppings should be washed off as soon as possible.
- Do not spill petrol, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid or wind shield solvent on the new finish. If you do immediately rinse off with water. DO NOT WIPE.
In the first 90 days
- Do not use silicone wax or polish the vehicle – this will allow the finish to dry and harden completely.
After 90 days
- Polish then wax paintwork approximately every 3-4 months using micro fibre cloths only